Monday, November 7, 2011

Getting To Know You (or me, actually)

In case anyone I don't know happens to read this: I am currently 6 months (and some change) pregnant with twin girls.  I also fluctuate with how I feel about being pregnant (most of the time it's not very positive). I've come to terms with the fact that I currently hate any woman who loves being pregnant (mainly out of jealousy).

Anyhoo, enough about the bitter woman that has replaced Emily.  The point of this post to share something I DO like about pregnancy (don't get too excited, it's nothing earth shattering).  My cute, little, girly parasites have developed this new trick that I call "The Whale".  All it consists of is the girls starting on one side of my belly and rolling their way across to the other side.  It feels like a whale cresting out the ocean.  I don't mean the big jumping out and slamming back in thing that they always seem to be doing on the Discovery Channel (OUCH!), I mean more the gentle peak of the spine curving above the waves.

Either that or it feels like the inside of my belly is a lake and some kid is skipping rocks over the top.  Either way, it's kind of a cool feeling and somehow manages to tickle at the same time.  It is a pretty cool part of hauling two little soon-to-be people around.

No comments:

Post a Comment